An affair to remember...indeed!

In one-day cricket, fielding restrictions apply in placing fielders such that the game begins with a thrill in the first 15 overs and then slows down, picking up again in the last 15 overs to score runs. The period in between is moreof a lull where crucial is to protect the wickets and for the fielders to preserve the bowlers at the last leg. Sotypically, BBC Sports has provided a sample statistics proving that:
  • 23.9% runs scored in first 15 overs
  • 29.5% of runs scored in the last 10 overs of an innings


Why, pray tell, would I mention this? To be honest, even I am not sure except for the fact that I would like to use this as a metaphor to elucidate that nearing 30 is indeed the time to celebrate the score that you are yet to achieve! So as I turn 30 (a significant metric), I reflect with apprehension (and a mild sense of anticipation too) of whats to come in the years ahead. Of course, it is evident that turning 30 is a milestone in aging but then I am atleast smarter than what I was when I turned 20 (a lot would disagree esp. my brother!)…I do not see this as the end of seeing myself as young. Of course, I do wish I had done more by now, but I am happy the way I have lived my life.

With no big ambitions in life, but to aspire to be what I have been made prepared for.

While I do not feel the need to justify my actions now, there is a sense of responsibility for the same.

I am infact more confident about who I am and what I want to be rather than having to live by someone else’s definition of what I should be or do.

I am capable of taking decisions that may/may not have consequences and do not care a hoot of what people say or think I ought to do.

I still see myself going shopping with my roller-blade shoes.

I have come to realize that family means the world to me.

I have made more mistakes than in my 20s and I feel like I am bouncing back.

I can cook and to the extent capable of not starving anyone. But the same would not hold true when in my 20s!

I have no impulse in wanting to be 18 or 21 or 25 or even 29 for that matter. However, I truly wish (and probably understand the feeling that) I could turn back the clock to undo and edit certain parts of my life.

So aside from having less tolerance to hmm…a lot of things and the ‘need’ to lose excess fat (ahem!!!), it feels the same so far!

Overall, the past three (barring the fact that I do not remember the first) decades have been memorable and truly an affair to remember.


An interesting birthday card that Ashit gave me and somehow felt it sums up this day and more than that, whats to come:


Front:



Inside: "In a Year of Change, Here's Hoping your Birthday is the Best Ever!"