Stronger Together America

Eight years ago, this time, one of my blogs captured the essence of 'yes we can' in its glory form! That day still echoes in my memory amidst all that has changed over the years (for one, I haven't written in a while and two, I am now a mom of two boys but that is for another day). 

With a polling center across from our home, it feels unsettling to think about the possible outcome of election.



And then I have my 6-year old who recently came home from school and commented on how one of the candidates calls all women 'pigs'. So as a mom of two boys, it naturally makes me wonder how much this election would impact their growing-up years. If anything, what this election has taught me as a parent is to ensure the kind of upbringing I should offer them:

- that first and foremost, they will both learn to respect women;
- that there will be 'consequences' otherwise;
- that they associate responsibility that comes with the power to lead; and
- that they eventually would understand the importance of good governance.

In many ways, I have faith that the realism we see today in social media, news channels, movies and more make us come to terms with where we are and that itself would force us towards a brighter future.

So as this nation comes together once again for a moment of change, I hope that the fundamental truth behind the "American Dream" remains intact for all irrespective of our race, religion and origin.

Here's to yet another "Yes We Can" moment America!