Life Cut Short

It is said that through death we appreciate life and it puts into perspective how we live it. But then how do we deal with the time when a life cuts you short? All of a sudden our hearts skip a beat when dealing with tragic death – and the world stops spinning. That is what happened when I learnt this morning about the terrible news of someone I barely knew long ago – and yet my world stopped spinning for that moment. A vivacious young 23-24 year old girl – recently graduated and about to venture into the prime years of her life; so talented, in fact you would think she is going to go all out and make a difference to those around her and to the world!

Why then did life cut her short?

This is an eternal question that haunts us forever. It is times like these that remind me of how fragile life is; that we are promised nothing for what is to come. What would truly matter then I believe is –
to find those moments each day that make me tick – before life cuts me short
to find solace in those who love me – before life cuts them short
to marvel at the way my family and friends touch my lives – before life cuts them short
and to continue honoring memories of those who have inspired me – as life did cut them short but their flames sparkle forever.

I know - easier said than done - but then again, how does one deal with such situations? I would love to understand what are some of the best ways to come to terms with such instances in our lives. 

My deepest condolence to the grieving parents - extremely difficult to fathom what they would be going through – but I pray that when they reach a point to see beyond this terrifying grief, that they can find peace and love in recognizing the preciousness and that eternal flame their young daughter has brought to their lives.