Mumbai Again


There goes the city again.
There goes everyone's wishes and prayers (in vain?) to those who mourn the losses of dear ones that shall only increase by the day.
There goes people's status updates - hour by hour - expressing anger, frustration, pain.
This time, again, the common man in Mumbai was hit. And hit hard.
And yet, the city will wake up to courage and resilience just like it always has in the past.

Yes, there is compassion and mourning - but what next? Hopefully, no negative provocation of any sorts on the streets from our supposed leaders. That would only lead to further carnage which in turn would destroy the very fabric of our nation. It is very easy to blame it on one particular faith and loosely use the term 'fundamentalists' or 'extremists' like it has always been done - yet no answers have been found to totally eliminate such forces of terror. Clearly, the war is beyond borders and has penetrated into our households - but who is the real enemy here? Isn't it an invisible entity that requires more than a warfare to conquer?

I have no strong opinion on how such terror acts need to be dealt with but I have faith that good will triumph over evil one day. I do not want to take a soft spot on such acts but I feel it imperative to comprehend it. One may call me blind and apathetic. Truly so - I may be indifferent and distanced from it all and I hope I am alone if feeling such indifference. But the way I look at it is that I am fortunate enough that I had an upbringing that was devoid of any discrimination; lucky enough to be blessed by a core of dear ones whom I pray are far removed from such acts; privileged with the opportunities to explore the world and life and numerous ideas in any manner possible.

Unfortunately, the very perpetrators of terror are removed from the above opportunities - and have already immersed themselves into a leap of darkness.

I intend to nurture brightness and purity and nondiscrimination into
the minds of those that are dependent on me. And I hope I am not alone in expressing such emotion.